Monday, October 12, 2015

Nigeria Notes, Part 10, DON'T EAT THE SALAD!! Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday, November 5

Woke up around 5:00 am and vomited.  Climbed back into bed and stayed there.  Everyone else left at the appointed time but I slept until 2:30 in the afternoon.  The team got back around 3:30ish, I think.  Everyone came to check on me.  I was still in my PJs and my hair was oily.  Such a sight!  But so grateful for their concern.  Ucey brought me bananas and apples!  Such kindness!  I love him so!  I ate a banana right away and felt better.  I was a little “iffy” about the apples but Penny got a table knife from the dining room and I quartered one and ate the flesh but left the skin.  I only had 1/2 an apple but it was soooo good!

Off they all went to the evening program.  I stayed in bed.  I guess that little bit of salad I had on Sunday night at Mega Chicken is what did me in.  I remembered too late that I had been told to avoid salad as sickness often comes from uncooked veggies.

Everyone was back around 10:00, and, such a pleasant surprise, Silvia came to see if I was all right!  I was so touched!

I assured my prayer journey team mates that I would be ready to go, bright and early at 4:00 am to start the “big adventure”!




Ucey
Silvia





















 Ucey and Silvia are brother and sister.

1 comment:

DELETED said...

sorry to hear your sick, myself got the flu with the change of the weather,is great that people are concern about you, keep you in prayers bloggy friend, loves soraya