Friday, November 27, 2015

No Fear

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears has not been made perfect in love.

♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   




How many times have I heard a person say, 

“I wanted ‘this’ (pick your this) so badly!  I was so sure it was going to happen! What did I do wrong?  Why is God angry with me?”

Or even,

“How could God have let this horrible thing happen?  I’m so angry with God!”

In either case punishment is involved.  Either he/she perceives that God is punishing him/her or he/she decides to punish God by being angry with him.

But if you stand in the light of Christ, believing in his death and resurrection, then there is no punishment.  There is no anger.  Once you’ve crossed from darkness to light he no longer sees the things that we think might make him angry.  All he sees is the blood of Christ that covers all our failings.

So, if a person becomes fearful, what is the lie that he/she is believing?

Is it, “God won’t take care of me.”?
“God isn’t paying attention.“?
“God can’t take care of me.”?
“God doesn’t really love me.”?

What is the truth?

God isn’t angry. 
 He doesn’t even see what you think might have made him angry.
God promises to take care of you.
Has God ever broken a promise?  Ever?





God is very real and very active.  God, and the relationship he wants with you,
 is the very definition of love.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful and inspiring, my friend. I know there have been times in my life when I have questioned God (shame on me), but I am always reminded that His ways are always higher and BETTER than ours. I may not understand at the moment, but I know God does....He knows :)

Thank you for sharing this wonderful post with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!