Friday, November 20, 2015

Fear: Revelation 14:12

image courtesy of google




Revelation 14: 12

The words of three angels precede this verse; (Revelation 14: 6-11)
The first one proclaimed that now is the hour of God’s judgement.  We are to fear, glorify and worship him as our Creator.

The second angel proclaimed the fall of Babylon, the wicked city who enticed all to drink her wine of maddening adultery.

The third one proclaimed damnation to anyone who bears the mark of the beast.

Then comes verse 12;
“This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.”

♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱  ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱   ♱

Times could get hard before Jesus returns.  In the face of want and need we will have to remember that the Creator of the Universe is always good and always providing.  But we must also never forget that Jesus is the reason that we fear, glorify and worship.  Without the testimony of Jesus there is not righteous fear or point to glorification and worship.

image courtesy of google


In the face of this truth, what will the fall of Babylon mean?  Is it a place or an ideology or a government system?  Is it Russia?  Is it Europe?  Is it the USA?  All are guilty of drinking that maddening wine.  Will this fall bring rejoicing to God’s people or weeping?  Or both?

People have questioned the mark of the beast for 2000 years.  Is it the tefilim worn by the observant Jews?  Is it the world system of credit?  Is it the micro chipping of our children or retina or fingerprint identification?  Is it in place now or should we still be on the lookout for it?  Will be subtle?  Is it now subtle?

image courtesy of  google


Here’s what I know that I know that I know, Jesus is my Savior.  He made a way for me to come before my Father.  His Holy Spirit dwells in me and because of that I am perfect in the eyes of my God.  There is no need to fear God the way we should fear Babylon and the mark of Satan.  


Holy fear is knowing what we deserve and glorifying God in worship 
because of his immeasurable gift to us!

4 comments:

beth willis miller's blog said...

Great post! So true, I just keep my eyes on Jesus and pray for the Holy Spirit to take authority over my emotions and my flesh. Many blessings to you ❤️

Donna Reidland said...

Thanks for linking up at Mondays @ Soul Survival! Hope you are having a blessed Thanksgiving week-end.

Donna Reidland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Hi, sweet Judy! How are you, my friend? I trust you had a nice Thanksgiving....can you believe it's time to get ready for Christmas?!

Your post was wonderful! Yes, times will get hard before Jesus returns, but He IS by our side. I am so thankful for His saving grace and protection.

Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you're able to join us again this coming Tuesday. Hugs and blessings!