Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Snow




The forecast came out a couple of days ago.  There might be light snow on Wednesday evening, into Thursday morning.

Butterflies started gently lifting in my belly.

Yesterday the forecast suggested 1 to 3 inches, but most likely less than 1 in most areas.

Still, I kept my hopes up.

Today, when I visited FB, maps were marking where I live for 3 to 5 inches.

This morning when I woke up the sky was light with sunshine trying to force its way through the silver cloud cover.  As the day progressed the silver turned to muffled grey and the clouds pressed down, closer to the earth.

Around 2:00 I began to earnestly gaze out of the window, keeping very still, to see if I would see the first flakes.  Not yet.

At 2:58 I was lying on my bed, spending time with my Lord, when I saw the fist flake drift into view.  And my heart got that electric jolt that comes from quick joy!

Now it’s falling fast and furious.  There won’t be much.  The news says it will be all over by 8:00.


But, here’s the thing, it can snow for days and days.  It can accumulate 3 feet!  But that moment when it stops for good, brings a little sigh of sadness to my soul.

2 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

thanks for visiting my blog and sharing your hilarious story!

I love snow too, we don't get very much in the lowlands of Scotland, though more now than we used to get ten or so years ago.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

We DID laugh and laugh, didn't we?
Love you! ybf and jb (who thanks you for realizing she is a fur PERSON)