Friday, April 10, 2015

The Most Powerful Weapon




Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.
2 Corinthians 10:4 

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

Defense and Offense.
Old Testament and New Testament 
The Lord protects me.  The Lord gives me the tools to take the offensive.

My sword is the Spirit of the Lord, which is the Word of God.  John saw Jesus, in His glory, with a sword coming out of His mouth.

My spiritual goal is to be more like Jesus.  Therefore I need a sword coming out of my mouth.

I have been given authority to wield that sword. I can take down strongholds.  I am  expected to take down strongholds. 

Those who run into the strong tower are non combatants.  If I have armor and I have a sword then I stand outside the strong tower and defend the weaker ones who gather inside.  Or, I may be at the front of the battle lines, tearing down the very gates of Hell.





My sword is the Word of God, that which was written long ago, (which is just as fresh and pertinent today) but it is also the inspired Word of God spoken today, to me, through others or directly.


The most powerful weapon I have to tear down strongholds is praying the Word of God in strength and confidence.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen friend! i love your posts...i love people that always are on fire for God...thanks for sharing this...have a blessed weekend ☀

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Judy, congratulations, you've won the Pacsafe purse...send me an e-mail by 5:00 tomorrow afternoon, please.

hobbyloes said...

We must arm ourselves against the attacks from the devil.
Have a blessed day.

Stephanie said...

Amen, my friend! The Word of God is so powerful! I greatly appreciate you and your encouraging posts, dear Judy. Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs and blessings!

Stephanie said...

Hello lovely friend! Your encouraging post has been featured at Roses of Inspiration today. Thank you for joining the party. Hugs!